Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name Hospital for Special Care as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
See How It Works
Halina Mirecki Selects HSC as Beneficiary
A retired high school and middle school teacher, Halina Mirecki swims five days a week with her 91-year-old mother at the Hospital for Special Care Aquatic Center. Both have osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis so aquatic activities in the soothing 92-degree warm water pool help them stay mobile and flexible. Halina has selected Hospital for Special Care as the sole beneficiary of her Roth IRA. "We are amazed at the ways HSC has touched people's lives," she says
"Going to HSC has become a lifestyle for us. There are many wonderful people there who have made our lives richer. The staff is caring and supportive," says Halina. "I selected Hospital for Special Care as the beneficiary of my IRA and my annual support," she adds, "because of all the services that it offers."
- Contact our team for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support HSC with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name HSC in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Hospital for Special Care Foundation, Inc.
Address: 2150 Corbin Avenue, New Britain, CT 06053
Federal Tax ID Number: 06-1534092